Wednesday 15 July 2015

Vegan Falafel


Hi everyone!

In today's post I'm going to be showing you how to make my vegan, gluten-free falafel. I make these all the time as a quick lunch, to take to school or sometimes I make them slightly bigger and have them as burgers on the BBQ! They are very high in protein which is great to fill you up and satisfy any cravings for meat you might have if you're watching other people eat burgers and sausages! In this recipe I used black beans and chickpeas, but you can use whatever beans you have in your cupboards.


You will need:
  • 1 x 400g tin beans (I usually use black beans)
  • 1x 400g tin chickpeas 
  • Juice and zest of 1 lemon
  • 1 tbsp paprika or harissa 
  • 1 tsp allspice
  • 1 tbsp gluten free flour
  • 1 bunch coriander, chopped
  • Olive oil
Preheat your oven to 180C. Add your drained beans and the rest of your ingredients to a food processor and blitz until everything is combined. Roll your falafel into whatever size balls or patties you like, and place on a lightly greased baking tray. Bake for around 10 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown all over. Leave to cool slightly to make sure they're all stuck together properly.

On this particular day I had mine in a burrito with a gluten free wrap, homemade hummus, salad, and rice! They are so versatile, you could also use them as meatballs with spaghetti bolognese! 

Make sure to tag me with your creations using the hashtag #MoosFood!

Love Moo x 


No comments:

Post a Comment